Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RL 7.5 element manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

carb11

Technical User
Apr 3, 2009
US
We recently upgraded to Rl 7.5 and I'm trying to be able to administer element manager from an ipad.

Ican log into the security server, but when I try accessing element manager it never loads.

I've tried installing the security certificate on the ipad but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas

Element Manager needed Internet Explorer on the older releases (4.5 and 5.0), not sure if that's been relaxed to allow any browser since.

Senior Engineer, cmass

After working with someone on a MG1000B upgrade last night, I can tell you this:

- Using anything other than IE8 (and probably IE7) is going to give you lots of heartburn;

- Using IE9 is a definite NO!

- Using the latest Firefox version did not work either.

I am having issues with IE8 right now and it's a pain in the ass. I keep having to click the back button to get the page to load. Does anyone know if EM can, has, or ever will work with Firefox??

I don't think Firefox is supported by Avaya. I have been told that they have not tested any applications on IE9. That is with most products, even configurator, krs..yada yada.

Avaya has lots of issues with 7.5. My ticket on my Element Manager has been opened since November and no resolution. Accessing from an IPAD? Are you kidding me? They cant get it to work with IE.

LOL, I just emailed a Senior Engineer in Belville about it and here is his response.

Element Manager is supported on Web browser Microsoft Internet Explorer v.6.0.2600 or later.
Other Web browsers (such as Mozilla Firefox) are not supported.

yeah. they would like for you to use IE6 or IE7. In a pinch you can use IE8, but never IE9. Mozilla is a no no as well

I tried Google Chrome as well and that performed just like Firefox. I know they have 7.7 in the Bellville labs now so hopefully they are testing with IE9 and other browsers. We just did a huge upgrade this past weekend and luckily the machines the customer has are running IE 7 so there were no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back