Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RJ45 crimper recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwstdVTECSol816

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US
Not sure if this is the right forum but it does deal with cabling. Ive been looking around for the past few days trying to find a rj45 crimper that will take some abuse but not too expensive. Im currently using a cheap GP one I got from Home Depot and although it does it job, it feels really cheap. The handles are made of plastic and it flexes easy. Ive narrowed it down to either a Ideal or Paladin crimper. Do any of you have any experience with the brands listed or are their other brands I should look into? Also, can you give me the specific model #? Im willing to spend about $50, give or take a few. Thanks. Johnson Nguyen
Email - jnguyen@feltycc.net
AIM - TwstdVTECSol816

In my experience with calibrating crimping. I would have to say for the price IDEAL makes the great crimp tool.
Hope this helps!

I got some AMP plugs the other day. I can crimp them in my regular RJ45 crimper but the pins dont get compressed fully like when I crimp a normal plug. And since AMP has different strain reliefs, the plugs aren't as secure on the cable. I'm saving the plugs just in case I get an AMP crimper. jeff moss
jeffmoss26@adelphia.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back