Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RivaTNT2 lock up on games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970

I recently aquired RivaTNT2 M64 Vi/Vo card and it worked just fine until i changed from Celeron 266 to full Pentium II 266. Since then computer locks up every time i try to run and game with Direct3D or OpenGL hardware acceleration.

SO if you have any usefull tip... i am little tired since i reinstalled Windows (98)3 times in last few days...

Is it using Rscmpt.exe file? This file is keeping CPU busy and if you delete it then your video card shows only half of the RAM onboard card.

i am having trouble, getting my pci video card working, it is a Nvidia Riva TNT, i have a A-Trend Motherboard...ever time i start playing a game...my computer freezes up solid and i must reboot...how can i fix this problem...please i need help, let me know any thing that i can do...by the way, i cannot use a agp video card, i do not have any slots

Find out what type of chipset is it ?
sounds like you have something other than Intel, so you need to get the driver for that, ie Via 4 in 1

you need to install the Via driver or something, then go get the newest Nvidia driver from
done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back