Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Riva TNN2 M64 AGP/32MB issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGajen

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
LK
Hi Friends

I have a NVIDA RIVA TNT2 M64 32MB graphics card and using on a IBM p4 1.8 Ghz machine, running windows2000 (model 8305-1EA) with on board graphic card (Brookdale-G Graphics chip) which gets auto disabled when using TNT2 card. If I shutdown the system for long time and switch "ON" only the power lights comes “ON” but no video signal. I have to switch "OFF/ON" the system several times to get the video signal or remove the TNT2 VGA adapter and put back in the AGP slot, then the video signal comes. This doesn't happen if I shut down the system and "ON" it immediately or in a short while. I also updated system BIOS.
Is their any incompatibility issue between the on-board VGA and the TNT2?

Please help-Urgent

Thanks and Regards
Gajen

I hope your P4 mobo AGP slot isn't 1.5V and your card 3.3V!
I had that TNT2 card once too. Very problematic, even gave me problems with Acrobat at 32bit res.

Why are you trying to use both? I would disable on-board video in the bios, with a jumper, or in device manager--whichever it takes. You can't have both. I use a TNT2 with no problems--but I also disabled on-board video. Jim

Please come back and let us know if your
problem is fixed and what fixed it!! [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back