Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RIS/RIPREP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazmaniandevil

Technical User
Nov 19, 2002
GB
Trying to restore systems using RIPREP image, I get this error message. "File usbehci.sys caused an unexpected error (21) at line 5882 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c."
The RIPREP image was prepared on the machine this fails on. This occurs with ALL Windows XP RIPREP images on our RIS servers, Windows 2000 Images are unaffected.

I believe that you can't use RIS XP images with Win2k. You need to go to Win2k3 for that.

Thanks for correcting me ReddLefty. I didn't know about that update.

Thanks guys. We are actually running server 2003, but some of the cd images were originally created under 2000 Advanced Server and the reminst folder was ported over to the new setup. The version of risetup on server 2003 must be different enough to make the images fail. Strange that the cd install works perfectly however, only the RIPREP installs fail.
We will try recreating the cd base images, and see how it goes.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back