Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RIS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamus19

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2003
CA
I have a 2000 Domain with one 2000 DC
I have a 2003 member server with dhcp and ris setup.
When trying to RIS computers they pick up the IP from the 2003 server however it continues to say "The OS image you selected does not contain the drivers for you network adapter. Setup cannot continue"

I do not want to install RIS on the 2000 DC. It needs to be installed on the 2003 member server, I want to use this 2003 member server as a roaming RIS server for various domains.
I have created an image for win2kpro on the 2003 ris member server. Created a $OEM$\$1\drivers\nic folder,configured the ristndrd.sif file within the i386\templates folder. I have stopped and started the BINScv. and the shares to the remoteinstall folder are correct.
I have compared drivers so I know they are the right drivers. The only thing that is weird is that within the AD users and pc's on the 2000 server the 2003 member server does NOT have the remote install tab.
I don't think its the drivers even though it says it is.
can anyone help?
thanks in advance

Have you authorized the server to respond to client requests?

Seamus, did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem with a 2003 RIS server. This is my first attempt at using RIS, so I'm stumbling around in the dark.

Thanks!

Y. Doky - "Manager" of Systems

"A .22 caliber intellect in a .357 Magnum world."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back