Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RIS clients hang on "Please wait..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

porress

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
GB
I have problems building machines on my network, It has been working for the past year an a half, and now suddenly machines when you build them, they copy all files from the ris server, restart the pc, and when its going to Windows XP setup, a dialog apears saying "Please wait..." and stays in there....

Any ideas?

Is it copying accross an RIPrep image or is it using a flat image and an unattend / ristndrd.sif file?

Is this with new PC's or ones that have worked before?

When you are the IT director, it's your job to make sure the IT works. If it does work they know already and if it doesn't, they don't want to hear your pathetic excuses.

Its using RIprep, and the same pcs, image as i was using before...

Can you perform a flat scripted install or does that fail as well?

When you are the IT director, it's your job to make sure the IT works. If it does work they know already and if it doesn't, they don't want to hear your pathetic excuses.

did you make any changes to your sif file?
did you add any files from a service pack to the i386 folder?
perhaps just reload the image.

I think its something related with the network card drivers, in other forums they have something related to this same problem.... because i did not change anything at all, and one day it just didnt wont to work anymore.

Are they Intel cards? I had a similar issue with Intel card as while ago. Take a look about half way down this link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back