Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

riprep - Keep getting "The specfied path is invalid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawii

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
When I try to run riprep.exe to create a new RIS image, it tells me that the specified path is invalid when trying to read the local files from the C: drive. What am I doing wrong or missing. I have tried it as both the local administrator as well as a domain admin.

USe a network share instead of C A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

If I am trying to make a riprep image of a W2k installation, what does this have to do with a network share?

Run RIPREP from the RIS server!
\\RISServer\<RISShare>\Admin

The image will be uploaded by the riprep in the special prepared partition used my RIS for images. And where will be uploaded is an entire story. RIS created there already a lot of directories. Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

I am running RIPREP from the RIS server.

I start riprep from the server path \\servername\reminst\admin\I386\reprep.exe. The remote installation wizard starts and goes through the Verify Windows Version, the Analyze Partitions, the Copy partition information, and then when it gets to the Copy files to server section, it tells me that the specified path is invalid. It starts with C: and then if I hit ignore, it moves on to the acrldr.exe, arcsetup.exe, autoexec.bat and so on files still saying that the specified path is invalid.

Then there are some missconfigurations on the RIS server settings.
It seems that the riprep is copying the files from local but is unable to find the right destination.
Check the settings on your server. ALso, you know that the partition used for keeping images should be used just for this. Groveler service is changing its structure. Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

I figured it out. I was mis-reading the instructions and when it was asking me for a filename of the image, I was putting in the full path along with the file name so it was trying to build a whole directory struction under the existing images folder.
Thanks for all the suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back