Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ripping .mp3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasche

MIS
Aug 14, 2002
US
I am looking for some help with my ppt presentation. I want to insert a music clip...but...I need to modify the music. I want to put bits of a few different songs in the presentation to go along with the pictures. Is there software my XP has that will do this (basically create one music clip from various mp3s)? Anyone who has any experience doing this...please help!! Thanks!
LA

you could convert the mp3's to wav files, then using a wav editor you can mix the files to your hearts content and then just convert the wav back to an mp3.

I would have thought that most decent music making software would allow you to edit mp3's and mix them.

Sound Forge will do this nicely.

You can download the demo version here:
It is a little complicated for a first time user but as long as you read the help, all will become clear.

Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well. [bigears]

I'm at work now, but will try this weekend. Sounds like at least one of these options should work for me. Thanks.
LA

Also keep in mind that when you convert an MP3 into a WAV, the sound quality doesn't change. However, after you finish making changes and save it to an MP3 again, it gets compressed for a second time.

In other words, you'll lose sound quality if you blow up an MP3 to a WAV, then try compressing it again to an MP3. It's best to use a program like Soundforge or Cool Edit Pro 2K that can edit MP3 files without changing their format.

~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back