Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RIP software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafixgurl

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
US
Does anyone know if this exists - I'm looking for RIP software which I can use with a 8.5" x 11" inkjet printer. I've only seen this software used with larger printers, but for my home use, I'd rather not have to purchase a large printer to get better printouts when I printout from Quark, which is how I usually design everything.

You mean a software RIP that can print from Quark to a non-PostScript printer? You could check your printer manufacturer's website, some of them make them available, although usually at a cost. Probably the easiest thing to do, though, is to export PDF files and print from them. This also has the advantage of not being tied to one particular printer.

check out they do software rips for many printers, i use one on my epson 7600 and have used ther software on a variety of printers in the past, from an epson 1520, 1290, 800, 5000, 3000 etc and found the results very very good

paul@number-13.co.uk

I had to buy RIP software for my Epson 1270 when I was running OS 9 -- bought it from Epson for $150 (kinda steep). But with OSX, it's unnecessary... If you're on PC maybe you want to Switch! : D

We use ECRM RIP software for our DTP system and also for our Inkjet printer. Most companies will have the more modern printers as either an add on or a built in choice. As far as ECRM is concerned, the RIP software is very expensive and the add on cost too but it does print pretty well.

The real problem you'll face is that the colors may be a bit off if your using the Pantone system and even worse, you will not get the screen dot patterns as it is Ink Jet.

For your info:
ECRM Harlequin RIP v. Eclipse Release SP2
Mako CTP Laser Plate Printer
Epson Stylus Color 3000 w/network card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back