Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringtones Querie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo1007

Technical User
Dec 22, 2013
GB
I have always let the customer choose from the default ring tones available on the handset but a particular customer hates the default ring tones.

Is it possible to upload new ring tones to the system that is not just a personal ring tone but uploaded to all handsets?

Many thanks,

Is it possible to upload any kind of different ring tone to the system? They would just like a normal ring ring.

They are going to pull their hair out if I tell them its not possible lol.

TIA,

Even as a personal ring tone not for the group

Except for SoftConsole, there you can upload whatever you want and let the pc speakers do the ringing.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Should not be too difficult for the developers since I saw options for 9600 SIP phones in 46xxsettings.txt

So why isn't it possible for H323 phones?

After 4 GRIP's on this matter, I got tired of explaining that they could not expect millions in increased revenues if they made custom ringtone possible.

But we got drums on 96x1's, that's awesome?!? Ha ha!

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I had a customer request dogs barking Merry Christmas. That might be why Avaya refuses, just good taste!
Mike

You can upload ring tones to the system using embedded file manager. They are just not compatible with the handsets and there's nowhere to program it to work.

"There is one hope, and, as usual, it's Norwegian!"
Professor Farnsworth, Futurama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back