Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing to next available extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernscum

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2012
CA
Hi I was wondering if it could be set up on our housing phones that after so many rings it automatically goes to the next number without putting a phone transfer?
For example after so many rings it goes to the next number.

Please advise,

Can you elaborate on "housing" phones? With a normal set, I'd simply set up a call forwarding profile or a cascading ring group.

Lets say we have 4 extensions. 4000.4001.4002. When someone calls either of the three, after so many rings it rings the next extension. That make sense? How do I go about doing this. Thanks :)

Set up call forwarding profiles for the phones.

What types of phones do you have? Phone system model and software version? If you provide a few more details, I can possibly provide the steps for you.

We have 4015, 4025 and 5330 :) Our Mitel System is a 3300.

Users and Devices -> Advanced Configuration -> Call Forwarding Profiles form

Add 4 entries for each extension (Busy Internal, Busy External, No Answer Internal, No Answer External).

The destination should be where you want the call to forward to.

Make sure that "Forwarding Enabled" is set to "On" for each entry.

You can also do all of this from the phone if you have Feature Access Codes programmed for call forwarding.

Hi don't have the following. Must be an older software version.

Firmware Version
----------------
SS4025 Firmware ver ---: Main 6.3
SS4025 Firmware ver ---: Main 8.21
SS4025 Firmware ver ---: Main 9.12
SS4125 Firmware ver ---: Main 6.3
SS4125 Firmware ver ---: Main 8.21
SS4125 Firmware ver ---: Main 9.12
SS4150 Firmware ver ---: Main 6.3
SS4150 Firmware ver ---: Main 8.21
SS4150 Firmware ver ---: Main 9.12

3300 ICP Call Control 39.0.2.17

MC Complex S/W & Data
---------------------
Main Controller -------: MAINIP3K 39.0.2.17 Thu 26-Feb-2009 14:28
MC Initialization -----: SXIP3KINIT 39.0.2.17 Thu 26-Feb-2009 11:49
Country Tone Plans ----: COUNTRYTS 39.0.2.17 Thu 26-Feb-2009 9:39
Package Master Data ---: PKGMASTER 39.0.2.17 Thu 26-Feb-2009 11:45 si

Looks like rel 9 to me so no ring groups either[sad]

You can use the feature codes or superkey to set the forwarding for each station

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I have ring groups on release 8....which is when they were brought in I believe.

I may have been thinking about personal ring groups or just getting old I guess.

Ring groups are the answer then.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Go to ring groups in the interface and first of all set up a group (top of the right hand side, give it a pilot number and tick cascade if you want them to ring one after the other and set a ring time.

Then in the pane below add members in remembering that the order you enter them in is the order they will ring in.

point your requirement at the pilot number or tell people the pilot number to ring for the group.

set a DDI to ring the pilot number, make an analogue line answer point the pilot number etc.

If people dial lets say 5000 and 5001 and 5002 are on the phone or ALL EXTENSIONS dont answer. How can I make it go to voicemail?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back