Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerTT

Technical User
Dec 18, 2017
LK
My Customer has a Topaz system,
He used 2 Trunk lines which were came from PSTN, and it worked well for years.
Recently he switched to 2 wireless Trunks (There was 4G router and another equipment which used to convert 4G data stream into 2 Trunks, and this equipment's output directly connected to Trunk Ports)

Now let's focus on to the issue...
I can make outgoing calls using above wireless trunks with no issue.
But, when at incoming calls, it rings only one time. The key telephone rings only one single time and the function key becomes "Red" (Blinks occasionally). And I can not answer to the call.
I attached a single line telephone directly into above equipment and it rings well on incoming calls.
When I attached the trunk into Trunk port, it doesn't ring well.

Could someone please help me so solve this issue...
Thanks

You need to measure the ring signal voltage and loop current. Loop current needs to be 26-50 mA. The voltage needs to be ~75-90VAC

I faced same issue Analog Trunks of SV8100. The problem was solved by increasing the 81-01-09: Ringing Signal Stop Detection Time of COT card.

Thanks belevedere, Does the Loop Current should be "ac" or "DC"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back