Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringing another DN continously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2003
US
I need help with a "feature" I cannot find information on. I am working on a Opt61C Rls 22.

I have a manager who knows how to ring another phone, and if that other phone does not pick up, this manager knows how to make the phone buzz/ring constantly until the other phone picks up the call. He won't share it.

This is not something programmed on his phone, I've checked.

Does someone out there know of any obscure little "trick" this is to ring another phone incessantly?
Thank you.

does he have a sig key. Ex. key 6 sig yyyy (the yyyy is the extension of the phone your buzzing. Annoying as all get out.

I wish it was that easy. I think he knows how to do it from other stations too.

Here is a print out of the TN:

DES 012100
TN 004 1 01 00
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 2333
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 2
SGRP 0
RNPG 20
SCI 0
SSU 0001
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTA SFA DDV CNID
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUA DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID
DDGA NAMA
USRD ULAD RTDD PGND OCBD FLXD
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 1
EFD 2333
HUNT 2333
EHT 2333
LHK 14
LPK 1
PLEV 00
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2537 MARP
CPND
NAME JOE USER
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 4537 MARP
CPND
NAME JOE USER
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 DSP
03 AO6
04 CFW 4 2307
05 SSC 0400
06 MWK 2333
08 SCC 0204
09 SSU 0001
10 RDL 16 93237592
11 ADL 16 93232643
12 ADL 16 97803820
13 ADL 16 2446
14 MCR 2550 MARP
CPND
NAME RECEIVING LINE
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

Like Nortellian sad. Sig Key will make your phone buzzzzz but to make that phone buzz/ring I’m going to say not possible until I see it with my own eyes and hear it, but if that’s possible I would love to know how.
I could use this neat trick on few Jokers at my work.

I can last number redial, but not make it repeat over and over so it rings the phone continously. ???

(The manager this guy does it to wants to know so he can do it back to him. :) )

Is it possible the person he is calling doesn't have forward no answer?

FNA is active on both DN's and both have EFD, HUNT, EHT, and FDN are set to go to voicemail ext, 2333.

I'm going to try disabling CPFA and CPTA - the camp on features in CLS.

Does anyone know how to force this without using a feature code? I was brainstorming with someone and the CAMP ON feature was mentioned as a possible answer to how this guy is doing this.

Ring again no answer will overide FNA, but it isn't activated until the other end goes off hook then on hook again, but it can be activated by FFC and it will ring until answered. regular ring again works the same way, the called end is on the phone and as soon as the phone goes on hook the phone on the calling end can activate it and it will ring and overide FNA. this sounds similar, I hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back