Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringer-off timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveInTexas

Technical User
Feb 14, 2012
US
Have been unable to get the "ringers-off" timer to work properly.

So far I have:
-assigned one phone (reception) as the "control telephone"
-ensured the phone is "direct-dial", I think that was one requirement
-set the desired hours that we want the ringing to stop (1800-0900) and
made sure the other service modes (Evening, Lunch) do not overlap these
hours.

This set (the control set) will display "Nite" mode, but the phones all still ring including this one!

What am I missing?

Advise if you need any other specs or information:

Norstar M8x24DS
NT5B20FC-93 on computer
NT5B49FA-93 0400749520 on the software 'cartridge'

>I believe you can still program ring groups on that older model, >but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else will know. How many phones >are out there?

I have been through all the menus and do not see Groups or Ring Groups anywhere. There are 6 phones or handsets on this system.

>Maybe for now until you are able to program the night service, just >program do not disturb buttons on the phones, and press them all at >night. If there aren't that many phones it's not too bad.

I found Do Not Disturb, a user function and we might try that for now. Thanks.

You find what you need in Gen Admin > Service Modes > Night > Ringing"

Marv, I really appreciate your help but for this system that does not appear to work, or at least, I can't get it to work.
I posted above, the entire menu for Gen Admin/Svc Modes (see 24 Feb 12 18:27) and was unable to accomplish what is needed.

If anyone has further ideas I am all ears!
Thanks! Donor loves cats! And dogs.

You showed the menu for control sets. Scroll past control sets to ringing."

Here is a pdf of the entire Service Modes menu.
Also you can click on the link to see me physically move through the Nortel menu on this phone. I cannot see Ringing in there, perhaps I am missing some part of the menu but I am pretty sure I searched the entire Service Mode menu as requested in post 24 Feb 12 8:05

See me go through the Service Modes menu on a youtube video:

See the menu for Service Modes written out:
29ftc43.jpg

Thanks!

When you reach show line and put in a line number ex: 001, does it not then give the option to add or remove sets from ringing on that line?
Marv"

At "Line001:221"
I can press Change.

When I press Change, the 221 disappears to look like:
"Line001: _ "
indicating I need to enter a set number.

I can enter any set number such as 221, 222, 223 etc., or I can make it say "None".

This version of software on you 8x24 must be even before dr5 because DR5 does have add ringing sets on the programming.

I would suggest adding a answering device on the 1st line or both lines. You will have to place a jack on the line before norstar system. you basically will have it bridged so it will ring both your system and the answering device. Find a device that can be programmed to answer on first ring or immediately. it will still ring system but will only ring once or possibly twice and the answering device will pickup and system will see the call has quit ringing. There is a better way to do this and that is with an analog terminal adapter ATA which converts a digital station port to a analog port allowing your analog answering device to be a station port you can direct all night calls to it. Then you would set your calls to be answered by, say, station 240 or whatever that port station was. if you don't want messages left you can program the device to only answer and not allow incoming callers to leave messages. you also can just buy a refurb Norstar CICS which has all the options you need plus a built in ata device.

just some options

Dave, The change DN you are describing is for control set. There must be something in that fiels it can't be blank.

Maycomm may be right.

Can you go into maintenance and find software version (SP...)?

Marv

you need to upgrade the software if it's not allowing you to add extensions to that service mode to ring. i would power down system and pull out the software card to see what version it is. you might be able to get dr5 really cheap. all the best

It is a DR4 according to first post.

As for programming you may want to use F**266344 (config) instead of F**23646 (admin).

Configuration has more to see!.

Once you see ServiceModes/Ringing add your sets.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

The change DN you are describing is for control set. There must be something in that fiels it can't be blank."

it appears as "Line001:221"
I can press Change.
When I press Change, the 221 disappears to look like:
"Line001: _ "
So, no - it is not ever blank - it gives me the option to change it.

"Can you go into maintenance and find software version (SP...)?"

SP: 30MVM05 DR5 RTP

"if it's not allowing you to add extensions to that service mode to ring"

Can you show me where I add extensions?

I like Maycomm's idea, this is getting out of hand regarding time involved!

Someone is telling me there is a device I can rent and when it arrives, I attach it to the system and then an expert can remotely program the phones to do what I want.
Is this so?
If so, where can I get it, who does this sort of thing? What is the device called?
This would certainly solve a lot of this Humane group's problems!
Thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back