Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringdown phone

It wire techs

Vendor
Dec 5, 2017
US
Hi. I posted a similar one in Nortel but it doesn't matter what system I use as long as it is capable of it.
I need to be able to go off hook and it automatically call an auto attendant mailbox with 5 options. Each keypress will go to another message. It has to be an in network call not over a phone line but an intercom call to a group mailbox but the Mailbox has to have a dial action table. I tried with an NEC dsx but the only way an attendant will answer is from a phone line. So I ran extension 326 to an open co made it a ringdown phone and it works. It just takes too much time for the first greeting to kick in. After that it is flawless. My ideas on a system that will ringdown to attendant from intercom call?

Hi. I posted a similar one in Nortel but it doesn't matter what system I use as long as it is capable of it.
I need to be able to go off hook and it automatically call an auto attendant mailbox with 5 options. Each keypress will go to another message. It has to be an in network call not over a phone line but an intercom call to a group mailbox but the Mailbox has to have a dial action table. I tried with an NEC dsx but the only way an attendant will answer is from a phone line. So I ran extension 326 to an open co made it a ringdown phone and it works. It just takes too much time for the first greeting to kick in. After that it is flawless. My ideas on a system that will ringdown to attendant from intercom call?
Cisco call manager will do that. Create a PLAR in the call manager have it dial a call handler DN. In the call handler define where you want the call routed to when a digit is pressed.

I can do it on an IPPBX (both Grandstream and Yeastar) with the Hotline feature, but they have to be FXS extensions. Answer is immediate and you can build dial action tables.

Or, drag out the old Watson VIS :)

Pretty much any PBX should be able to do this. On the NEC, if you have a spare analog station and trunk port, you could route the ringdown to the analog station port, then loop that right back to an analog trunk port to get around your answer limitation.

Any phone system with a voicemail can do this. What you want to do is to program the phone as a "Hotline" or "Ringdown". You will set the destination to the extension of the Auto Attendant on your voicemail that you built with the menu.

In Hotline aka Ringdown mode the phone will call the destination number when you take it off-hook.

Any phone system with a voicemail can do this. What you want to do is to program the phone as a "Hotline" or "Ringdown". You will set the destination to the extension of the Auto Attendant on your voicemail that you built with the menu.

In Hotline aka Ringdown mode the phone will call the destination number when you take it off-hook.
You would like to believe that, but it's not true. As I said above, FXS ports are the key. Early Panasonic systems, or late ones, used "pickup dial" but would not ring down a port from a multi line set. NEC DSX used the term Automatic Ringdown and you could ring whatever you wanted.
Then, some systems had disconnect issues: notably in certain elevator equipment, but that's another topic.

LkEErie

@bdk76
You will set the destination to the extension of the Auto Attendant
I don't think all system use a DN/EXT for parts of the voicemail system.

@It wire techs
I replied to your post here in the Norstar forum, but it refers to being able to do this on the BCM's built in Calllpilot as I don't see it possible on the Norstar versions of Callpilot 1xx.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back