Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ringback On AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badphoneman

Technical User
Oct 17, 2008
US
I have a 4.1 sp1 that when a call is xfered from the auto attendant to an ext there is no ringback just dead air. Music on transfer id disabled in all COS. If I xfer from a phone to an ext on an CO call I get ringback. I assigned the phones COS to the vm ports just to elminate the cos assigned to the vm ports still no ringback? I don't see anything in vm options to turn this on and off, what am I missing?

Do you have analog trunks, sip trunks, PRI, T1....?

They are LS,but however when we changed to COS of the vm ports back to the orignal after trying the phone COS. The ring back started working correctly. I'm not sure what was going on, but no changes were made to the individual COS. I guess I'll chalk it up to old FM. Thanks for the reply.

In the Voicemail Options Form the there is a tick box to allow supervised transfer, I'm not 100% sure why but if this is ticked you seem to get silence on transfer rather than ringing tone. If you untick this you get ring tone, however the calls will not revert back to the attendant, which is probably what you want anyway. This is certainly true on MCD 4.2 as I had the same issue yesterday. I dont think this was the case on earlier Software versions though.

!ExtraDunce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back