Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Option 11 with expansion cab, I'm not getting any analog ring voltage on the expanion. Here's what I've done so far;
changed pwr supply
changed 09 card with a known working card

Anyone have any other ideas?

is it more then 1 card? if the new ps is good your backplane is shot

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I was afraid of that, yes it's all analog cards in that cab a total of 4.
thanks john

Fact:
Core
Nortel Communication Server 1000S
Succession 1000S
Fiber-connected Expansion Cabinets

Symptom:
No ringing voltage for 500 sets on Expansion Cabinet
Good SSC card
Good power supply in the Expansion Cabinet
Good fiber and fiber receiver card
Good fiber daughter
No ringback heard on analog sets
Digital sets work fine

Cause:
Bad Expansion Cabinet.

You can test by stripping back the casing on the cross connect and place in mouth and call the phone. You will know if it works.

I only put this in here, because I was stupid enough once to put cross connect in mouth just before punching down.

I did that only once.

Have a great weekend everyone.

John

I am having the same issue after lighting. My analog devices will not ring. I first replaced the cards, then the power supplies in main and exp cabinet,then the expansion cabinet, power cords, fiber cable, fiber receiver card and still no ringing. Everything else works fine. The expansion cabinet I swapped out was just removed in working condition.
I appreciate any help, this has got me stumped,

Joe

DISABLE ALL ANALOG CARDS EXCEPT 1 THEN BACK OUT THE DISABLED CARDS. TEST ONE PORT ON THE ACTIVE CARD. IF IT DOES NOT WORK THEN SWAP IT WITH ONE THAT WAS BACKED OUT. IF IT WORKS ON THE FIRST TRY THEN PUT A SECOND CARD IN. TRY THE TESTED PORT AGAIN. KEEP THIS UP UNTIL YOU FIND THE CARD THAT IS LOADING DOWN THE POWER SUPPLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back