Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ring to phones without mcr / acd

Status
Not open for further replies.

konai

Technical User
Jan 23, 2012
US
Is it possible to ring to 3 phones (2 that are m3902's and one that is an m3903) like it was an acd? or something close to that?

you could use an mcr key.
i use this for our help desk line.
one number that rings 3 people. each person has their own dn (key0), but all 3 share an mcr dn (key2)

Michael
"Will Work For Food..."

sorry, just noticed you said without mcr...

Michael
"Will Work For Food..."

Sure, ACD will work if you only want to ring 1 phone at a time. The whole log in log out thing may be more than you want to deal with. MCR will ring all 3 at once and allow all 3 users to be talking on their MCR key to different people.

Yea I wish we could just upgrade the phones but they said that was not an option. I'll figure out some alternative if there is no way to do it with these phone types.

I can't use an ACD because the two people with 3902's need to keep their own number.

The big problem you have is a 3902 phone is only a single appearance set. You would need to change them to at least 3903's for ACD and to be able to have their own SCR key too.

why would phone upgrade not be an option? i buy my 3903s for $50 - $80 a piece depending on how many i order at a time. so if cost is too much then find a different vendor.
i can gladly give you a referral if needed

Michael
"Will Work For Food..."

Unfortunately I work for the state, so they only allow to do things their way which means buy it from -> site A (there is no B) and -> it has to be new.

You could do a hunt group with a pilot DN if you absolutely have to keep those phone types.

so upgrading isn't an option because you cannot find these new anymore.
I like my vendor, they are not new, but they are lifetime warranty. they will replace it for anything, even if the pixels start going out

Michael
"Will Work For Food..."

Yeah, and if you upgrade phones then everyone will want that type of phone.

In that hunt group option is it possible to set the rings to like ...2 per phone .. so it would ring 2 times at each phone then go to voicemail?

i have some old 2616s and 2008s if you need them...

Michael
"Will Work For Food..."

Thank you for that offer, but I will stay with the phones that we have. I'm also looking into the idea of creating an application through call pilot application builder, but I need it to have a reduced amount of ringing (2 per phone) if they are going to be in a call chain. If nothing else I do have a non preferred program already setup, I'm just trying to see if there is a better option with what we already have. Thank you for all your posts.

Probably be best if you read about Group Hunting in the NTP Feature Guide. There is all kinds of Gotchas when using this. But it may work for you.

Thank you KCFLHRC and MikeArcade I'll look into that group hunting option and see if I can figure out something that will work for us.

Why not go to the store room, get an old analog desk phone with a loud ringer, connect that nearby, set the CP application to ring the analog, and tell the digital phones users to Call Pickup when it rings.

Find more at GHTROUT.com

I had that about that, but these people are not sitting within hearing range and would only annoy people who all get paid way more than I do.

Sounds like a State Job. No money, but make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back