Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring-No Answer if all vm ports in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkochis

Technical User
Nov 13, 2001
US
I have recently become the 'owner' of a number of Audix, Legend, Partner VM systems.

What I am hearing back from the clients is that the (Partner) voice mail system merely rings when all of the voice mail ports are in use. Is this a normal situation and if so, is there a way for the users get a busy signal instead?

I have been out of the voicemail business for a LONG time so am still burning the cobwebs off.

Thanks much

It is normal...the calls are hunting for an open port. If one becomes available before the caller hangs up, the call will then go to voice mail. Options:

If this happens regularly, they need to upgrade to more ports. Depending on the type of vm, this may just be a software upgrade. Take a look at the new Partner Messenging...great system and not horribly expensive. The PVM card can also be upgraded to more ports, I believe.

If it is only sometimes, consider having the lines ring on a set or sets as well. Set line ringing to delayed ring so incoming calls don't generate a half-ring. This will only work if we're talking about daytime calls and the auto attendant normally answers all calls.

you can set the overflow on the vm group to overflow to a group with the operator in it, she can park the call until she sees the vm ports free up assuming that she has dss/blf keys for the ports on her phone and that the caller will wait. until you can get more ports.

Hey guys, is rkochis talking about a Partner Mail here? (see 2nd paragraph of original post) If so, there is probably an additional (incorrect) port programmed into hunt group 7

I'm glad someone caught that. My response was for legend magix. sorry..........

TouchToneTommy,
What you are telling me that the Partner system has too many ports defined and for every site that reports this I will have to reconfigure hunt group 7?
Thanks much.

Touchtone could be right.One Senario could be that a card was added to the phone equipment and they moved the VM to the next slot over. They add the new ext to the vm hunt group but never remove the old ext's. Since the Partner is a circular hunt....it would be every so often....not all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back