Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ring multiple phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadAccess

Programmer
Feb 16, 2002
US
I've got a small problem. I have a coverage answer group built with 8 stations in it. I need 12 stations. This is for a group that each has their own DID but they are constantly in and out of the office and everyone is responsible for picking up the main line. They dont want to login/out. They dont want to chain together coverage answer groups because the people in the first group will always get the call first. Any ideas for me?

CM 3.1.4

Have you built a pickup group? Let me guess, they all don't sit anywhere near each other either.

Maybe add a hunt group with two extensions
Ext 1 = Answer group 1 for coverage path
Ext 2 = Answer group 2 for coverage path
Each group has 7 unique members, and a common member.
Common member has a bridged appearance on each of the 12 phones so that it will at least alert as the choice of group is toggled back and forth by the initial hunt group.

May not work at all. Just a shot in the dark.
Matt...

You guessed it - they're spread over three different areas. Does that rule out a pickup group? I havent built on before. The hunt group idea I thought about but thought that would ring one group and then the second group.

You would have to test, but there are different options like MIA, LOA, etc for hunt groups. I would try circular first and see how that does.

Add pickup-group X or Next
Fill in blanks with your extensions.
Add a call-pkup button to each of the phones.
If they hear a ringing phone in the group, press call-pkup.
May have get dial tone first.

Matt...

I'm going to give that a try. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks for the suggestions :)

We normally setup a 2 teir approach when we use more than 8 in an answer group. Instead of the Coverage Path looking like:

C1 - 3 rings
H10(audix)

we use:

C1 - 3 rings
C2 - 3 rings
H10(audix)

which gives us 2 groups of 8 extensions each.

-CL

That's what I ended up with. I created one coverage path and two answer groups. Point1 rings the first answer group, point2 rings the remaining stations in the second answer group, and point3 goes to voicemail.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back