Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy4uk

Programmer
Jan 28, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,

I have a customer with an MXe Controller (both on MCD 5.0) they have a ring group on Mitel controller 1 with 10 extensions - they wish to have 2 extensions from Mitel controller 2 also within the same ring group.

I have the ring group configured with MXe 1 as the home element and MXe 2 as the second element - I also have the 2 extensions on MXe 2 with MXe 1 as the second element.

I'm able to add the 2 extensions into the Ring group, but when this group is called these 2 extensions dont ring.....

Is there a way to get this to work.

Thanks

Andy

From the help file.

The following directory numbers cannot be programmed as a member of a ring group:
[ul]
[li]extensions with the "voice mail port" COS option[/li]
[li]extensions with the "Recorded Announcement Device" COS option.[/li]
[li]attendant consoles and console LDN numbers[/li]
[li]Hunt group, Agent group, Path, Ring Group, Suite and Linked Suite pilot numbers[/li]
[li]ACD Agent IDs and ACD set DNs[/li]
[li]ARS digits[/li]
[li]a pilot number of another ring group[/li]
[li][highlight #FCE94F]RDN numbers[/highlight][/li]
[li]a pilot number of a Personal Ring Group[/li]
[/ul]

I'm guessing remote directory numbers can't be used,
correct me if I'm wrong because I would like to achieve the same.

In a personal ring group the only way to add members from a different controller is by using an EHDU. I would think that is the same for a ring group.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Setup one EHDU user with the destination on the second controller being a Ringgroup. You now have connected these two groups together.The phones in both groups will ring as the first group is called.

If your using the EHDU in the Ring Group, recommend you set the permanent login COS option on the EHDU to yes.

good point isrm

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back