Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Group on BCM450 6.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT33

Programmer
May 8, 2006
US
Have system set up for incoming calls to main number to ring several phones at night and if not answered go to GD mailbox. Works fine, but someone in the ring group is asking for ability to forward their phone to an external number. Am wondering what will happen to ring group calls to that phone, will they be forwarded? There are no line appearances on the phone (all incoming calls come in on intercom}, so line redirect won't work. Can't find anything in docs specific to this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Build a Hunt Group then assign the line to the Hunt Group and make the extensions members of that Group. Then no 1 phone should affect how the calls come in.

When converting to Hunt Groups you may need to remove the lines from the sets, at minimum make them appear only.
However if no lines and using park and page then no worries.

The other issue is Haws suggestions works but 24 hours a day.

Does AA answer at night? can you state "for after hours team press XXX or X (CCR Path)
If so just create the Hunt Group and ignore any line programming and point callers to dial the HG DN or the Path number (best option).

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I've never built a hunt group on my BCM 50 6.0. Can you give me a quick step by step on how to do it?

Say I have extension 26384 and 22230 and I want them to ring at the same time. Is there a Hunt Group Pseudo DN Number I can create to dial the Hunt Group? How do hunt groups work on BCM compared to Ring Groups of the E-MetroTel UCx.

Pardon my ignorance.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Go to Hunt Groups
At the bottom add a DN you need to ring, by default it will do Appear and Ring...change if need.
Repeat as needed.

At the top
Mode
-Broadcast - Even distribution - rings all sets same time
-Sequential - So the main sales rep gets first dibs always - rings the first member on the list then bounces then second bounces to next member on list if 1st member is still on the first call.
-Rotary - so everyone gets a stab at a first call - first member gets call, second member gets 2nd call even though first member is done their call -

Queue and Overflow
You after the Time out can overflow to a DN, another HG's DN, or Voice mails DN (if you create mailbox matching HG's DN)

Hunt delay is for Sequential or Rotary...if first member does not answer it will bounce to next member.

Hunt groups ignore the CFNA and CFB settings at set level.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

*Hunt delay is for Sequential or Rotary...if first member does not answer it will bounce to next member based on Delay ring count

And forgot to answer 2nd question but I dont know the UCK yet.
Each Hunt Group has its own DN you will see in the next column over.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Will set it up today and see how it goes. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back