Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring down without hunt groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigbeale

Technical User
Oct 26, 2007
US
Hi,

Norstar CICS.

I was wondering if its possible to have a the phones ring down without hunt groups. What I mean is if line one is busy it automatically sends the call to line 2 if someone is calling line 1. and so on.

Thank you, I really need this to work

Craig Beale

What your describing is known as "Hunting" and only your telco provider can control it. Hunt groups on your CICS just send calls through your internal DNs.

So if I call the phone company and let them know I need that enabled, my phone system will automatically do that?

As long as you have the lines hooked to the system yes.

Yes, you'll need to provide them what's known as the hunt order. You'll have to tell them what your pilot # is and what tel # for each line in hunt. They'll have your tel #'s on the screen. But, you'll want them to hunt sequentially down your telephone.

Yep. And if you leave the sequence in their hands, they'll probably include your fax and modem lines. Not good.

Thanks guys!

I called the telco and they took care of it with the numbers that I wanted.

Craig Beale

also if you have customers that know your other (second third etc) phone numbers you may want to get circular hunting instead of terminating; by that it means that if you have a 4 line hunt group from the telco and line 4 is in use and someone dials the telephone number for line 4 it will circle back (hunt) to line 1 of the group.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back