Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Down Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtominator

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
US
Anyone have any luck with ring down circuits on IP500? I am currently running R5.0.8 w/16xx phones. I have them set up as individual line appearances. Inbound calls work fine, however to make an outbound call, you need to press a digit to connect call. The strange part is that once you press the line appearance, it does ring the far end, but you only get dial tone on your phone until you press any number on the keypad. If you don't press a number the IP Office simply drops the call even though the far end has answered.

Ring down as in the following?

Where you just pick up the handset and it automatically rings another set.

If this is what you want to accomplish, its fairly simple. If not, please describe exact the scenario you're trying to build.

Try the following:
Create a shortcode like this
SC = *89
TN = 1
Action = dial
Line ID = the outgoing line ID of the ring down line.

When you hat *89 you will access the line and send a digit 1 automaticly thus enabling the speech path.

The circuits connect traders to each other at different locations. They are trying to mirror the functionality of a Turrets system. They want to press just the line appearance button to be connected to the remote trader.

have you tried putting a prefix on the line?

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Yes. I found this suggestion from an old post, but it doesn't work.

Choose a line Prefix for all ringdown lines [Eg. 83]
Give Each Line a Unique Apearnace ID
Place all Ringdown line in a unique group (in/out) [4]
Create a shortcode as follows
SC: 83
TN: .
LG: 4
FE: DialDirectHotline

Create Line Apearances Buttons for each RD Line.

ya since about 3.2 with line appearances you do not get the real line dialtone. I notice i cant hear the stutter tone on mine here for my home line anymore.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back