Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Down Circuit with KXTDA50 Delays !

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceAmerica

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
is the kxtda to smart for its own good.

I just installed a kxtda50 r3 to replace a 1232 r2 in a coop apartment in nyc. the bldg provides a ring-down circuit from the unit to the doorman. the problem is that the kxtda50 has an approx 6-sec delay when using this circuit before patching the units voice path through.

The ring down circuit works as follows: when you pick up line-3 in the apartment unit you hear nothing, but the circuit is ringing to the doorman. When the doorman presses the button for the apartment it creates 90-volt ringing. the old 1232 worked just fine.

the problem is the new system has a delay of about 6-seconds before it will patch through the voice path coming from the apartment, (you can always hear the doorman)this happens receiving or originating the call, panasonic says its because the kxtda is more sophisticated and is looking for loop current or something. we tried adjusting a number of timers but no solution.

i was able to (somewhat) fix the originating the call to the doorman by programing a one-touch button that dials *37003123 which grabs line-3 and dials 123, for some reason the voice path is immediate when originating the call this way vs. if you select the line directly. of course the client wants to grab an outside line when going off hook which i cant do because it must grab intcm to use the one touch. But i cant solve the inbound issue. the only thought i have is to create a ring delay so that the panasonic timer will have already completed the voice path before the call actually rings the telephones.

any help greatly appreciated.

silly question why would you not hang a intercom only single line set off the system for the doorman?

you could also loop a analog port on to
that co line forget about your loop current issues

ty for your fast replies. the apartment is 2-floors 10,000 sq.ft. (wall street exec). alot larger than most homes.

how can i tie a co with analog port with this ring down circuit? keep in mind i can not control the ring down circuit which is provided by the building. usually you would tie the analog port when called to ring the co port, but its a ring down circuit and i'm not sure if i can do this.

ty

larry

To overcome ringing delay, try switching off caller ID detection for the analogue CO port you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back