Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring delays on 9600IP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloTCMS30

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2006
US
I have reports of delays on 9620 (3.110b) ip phones since upgrading to CM 5.2.1.

Problem #1

External calls to office extension will ring 3 times before the phones actually ring. Customer will hear 3 - 4 rings while the staff hears one ring.

Problem #2

When transferring calls from desk to desk, transfer will not complete for 2 - 3 after the complete button hit.

Looking at the system events revels no errors that are obvious... Anyone else experience any of these after upgrading to CM5.2.1?

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

Not on my side. Havent heard of delay. Have you tested it?

uzumaki,

Thanks for the response. Our environment is mixed... I have digital sets at the main sites, 4610 in my US branches and 9620's in Asia... The problem only exists in Asia on the 9620's... There is nothing in the trace that I can see...

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

This sounds like a network latency problem, or a problem with your phone registrations. See if the IP addresses in your phones are staying put. If they're being re-assigned periodically by DHCP the system can have trouble finding the endpoint to make them ring. (essentially, the phone has to re-register first)

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back