Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ring count change - call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2015
US
Hello everyone,
I am a true novice when it comes to telecomm support but learned a lot on the fly . I do need help ..We are in the process of gradually upgrading our sets to the 3900 series from 2008/2616. I deleted Old TN for 2008/2616 and recreated TN/template for the M3904 and everything is working except when the "call forward" feature used used. When the extension is called and call forward is enabled, the call goes staright to voicemail. How can I change the "ring count" for call forwarding to give the end user time to answer the phone before going to voicemail?

Thanks
DizOne Tech

Make sure it is not forwarded abd your RCO determines how many rings before going to Vmail.

To print your ring cycles;
LD 21
REQ: prt
TYPE: rdr
TYPE RDR_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE RDR_DATA
CUST 00
OPT CFF CFRA PVCD CWRA MCI
FNAD FDN
FNAT FDN
FNAL FDN
CFTA YES
CCFWDN
CFN0 4
CFN1 6
CFN2 8
DFN0 4
DFN1 6
DFN2 8
DNDH NO
MDID NO
NDID NO
MWFB NO
TRCL 0
CRT0 00 00 00 00
CRT1 00 00 00 00
CRT2 00 00 00 00
CRT3 00 00 00 00
DAY0
DAY1
DAY2
DAY3
HOLIDAY0
HOLIDAY1
HOLIDAY2
HOLIDAY3

REQ:

To change your ring cycle;
REQ: chg
TYPE: rdr
:
CFN0 1-(4)-15 - Number of normal ringing cycles for CFNA, Option 0 (RCO 0)
CFN1 1-(4)-15 - Number of normal ringing cycles for CFNA, Option 1 (RCO 1)
CFN2 1-(4)-15 - Number of normal ringing cycles for CFNA, Option 2 (RCO 2)

How can I change the "ring count" for call forwarding to give the end user time to answer the phone before going to voicemail?

If this is for forward no answer than the post above is your answer. If this is referring to a phone that has the forward key activated - then no, you can't, the forward key is immediate, you don't get a choice for ring count.

Yeah, first thing to check is if the phone is forwarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back