Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ring control and forwarding to voice mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtw00

Technical User
Oct 17, 2003
US
Hello, I have 2 basics questions which might be related.

1) I'm interested in setting up a number that, when called, will go straight to voice mail.

2) I'm having trouble finding where I can configure the number of rings before a call is forwarded to voice mail.

Any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated

build your ext. that you want to go to voicemail as an ACD queue in LD 23. Make the MAXP 1 and the MWC NO. Make the NCFW your voicemail DN.

For the second part of your question, depending on what release you're on you can set different ring cycle options in your CDB. What release are you on?

Thanks for your help tcomanalyst;

I'm using release 24.

if you pull a print of the phone you want to change the ring on you should see a prompt called RCO. This is Ringing Cycle Option. If you pull up your customer data block in LD 21 you will see CFN. The digit next to CFN0 equals RCO 0. The digit next to CFN1 equals RCO 1 and the digit next to CFN3 equal RCO 3. see below:

CFN0 4
CFN1 2
CFN2 6

if the phone has RCO 0 it will ring 4 times. if it has RCO1 it will ring two rings. if it has RCO 2 it will ring 6 times. You can change the values in CFN. They are probably all now set to 4. you can change one or two or all of them in LD 15. But you probably want to leave CFN 0 as is since that's probably what most of your users are already set to. good luck!

wow thanks again for your help, these are excellent instructions!

I didn't what an RCO was or that it was so simple to chg. Thanks for that little jewel !! Looking at the CDB how is CFNx related to DFNx ? Or is it ? I'm not sure from reading the NTP

in your CDB you will see CFN and DFN. whatever digit is next to that will be the amount of rings you will get on the phone based on the RCO prompt. DFN just means Distinctive Ring. So if you have DFN 0 set to 2 in your CDB and you turn on distinctive ringing on a particular phone and the RCO is 0 that matches with the DFN0 in your CDB which means the phone will distinctively ring two times. You can change the CFNs & DFNs in the CDB but make sure noone's RCO is already set to whichever one you want to change. for the record, most of your users will probably be at RCO 0 as i think that's a default parameter. Good luck and I'm glad I could be of help!

if you are creating the dn as an acd, the options you are looking at in ld15, (as described above), refer to extn fdn times only. the ncfw in an acd call, forwards after a 2s delay & i don't think you can change that

Do you have an phantom TNs? If so you can configure it as follows for forwarding to VM or an outside number. This is immediate call fowarding with no delay. You can also do this to a normal 500 type TN with no phone attached.

DES CELLFD
TN 156 0 01 1 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
DN 2205 0 MARP
CPND
NAME JKSim Cell
XPLN 22
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0