Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Central and AVAYA 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the ACCS 7.1 SP we're due.... But might be suitable for some of our more "lightweight" contact centres.

Maybe the end for smaller dealers...I'm glad I haven't given much in the way of accurate info to Avaya regarding my accounts.

I suspect all that type of data will be given to Ring Central for their $500,000,000.

Oh well - I'm glad I'm closer to the end of my career than the beginning. The fun is over.

Wonder what that means for existing UCaaS customers. This includes Powered By Avaya services, correct? I'm making a call out to our Powered By Avaya provider on Monday as we have some deals coming through, but overall this seems like a pretty big negative for Avaya. But I'm not too business savvy so I'll let people smarter than I figure that out.

Hey yaturp, I've recently gotten into this industry and I wanted to ask why you think this is the end?

It's kind of like this...
Major car manufacturer signs a deal with Amazon to sell their cars online leaving their independent dealer network in the lurch.

Nortel, it absolutely is not like that...
Ring cant sell the new offering it has to go through Avaya. So the partners will still be doing the bulk of the selling. There arent enough Avaya employees to handle all of their customers, so they need us...

Sorry TTP, but I have it on good authority from a source I can't name, but someone who would definitely know. When I asked if this was a good deal for Avaya partners and if it would help Avaya partners go head to head with telcos like Telus (the major telco in these parts) who have been very successful selling their UCaaS solution, his response was this and I quote "Nope They (Avaya) have pretty much sold out their partners. And remember Telus already sells Ring. Sorry not really a good move for anyone."

Isn't a cloud based solution still need to going to need a physical install - and who's responsible for the actual configuration?

@ ipohead We would not be needed if RingCentral hosts everything.

For us, as a small dealer, it would be nice to know what the direction is going to be. From this article it sounds like avaya gets some cash and a UCaaS platform. RingCentral gets a premised-based provider to fend off Mitel.

I guess that means that stuff like eqionox and spaces get the boot.

The best possible outlook is that avaya keeps making premise ipoffice with UCaaS services to run alongside. Worst case, avaya stops dev on IPOffice, just sticks to the big switches and sells ringcentral stations to the SMB/SME market.

Bradley71 - I'm sure a hosted phone solution is going to need physical phones installed (unless they want softphones) and there's configuration work depending on the set up.

Not necessarily - if the service is over the top, the IT company can have everything configured on the network, patch through desks and at that point it's plug and play. Configuration is a big unknown, but if it's easy and done over the cloud that may not be needed by a telecom vendor either.

For what it's worth, our current UCaaS provider is scrambling for answers and don't have any concrete information. We probably have to put the brakes on any new systems going in until the dust settles because of this.

So I am on the website. Can anyone tell me where ipoffice information is? Maybe I just don't know where to look. I did figure out how to order a $29.99 per month seat of Avaya IX in two easy steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back