Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring bell working of two handsets KXTD200

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicDaveUK

Technical User
May 24, 2007
GB
Been asked to install a bell working of two extns for a customer. Got it all working by using the intercept for each extn going to a hunt group with bell and extn in the group after 1 sec. works fine but i was under the impression that any call forward on the extns will still work and pull the call back to the vm via the call forward on the extns, but this ins't working. have i got this wrong and what is the best way to set this up.

To recap: the customer has two extns and want a bell ringing when either one is rang. But the customer still wants the callforward to VM on both extns to work as well.

Many Thanks

Plug a bell into the XDP port on the phone. Will need one for each phone but would be much easier this way.

If you want to use 1 bell and 2 extensions( bit confusing) but set up 2 groups one extension and bell extension in each. Intercept after 1 sec to its group then have no answer over flow of group to voice mail. It will end up in correct mailbox. I presume you have a tvm50-200 on system

If both phones are to ring and bell you can do this with I group and all extensions in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back