Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Back problem on Norstar with Off Core T1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage2003

Vendor
May 19, 2003
US
I have a Norstar MICS 6.0 with Cinphony 1 ACD and three
T1's- one of which is an off core T1. The site takes heavy
traffic all day long. On my off core T1, I am seeing "Ring Back" where a call evidently rings back after
the remote end has disconnected. I checked with telco, and they say that I am only intermittently winking at them to alert them that a trunk is in "on-Hook" status again.
How do I fix this? Also, the ACD resets periodically and often triggers the MICS itself to reset. I need serious help guys...I appreciate any input anyone can offer.

These are E&M Trunks, all of them do have DID (Rec. Digits) coming accross them.

Hi guys,

Here's an update on this problem from ITAS: they
told me to replace the off core T1 card and the patch cable
which I did like a diligent boy scout...The problem with the ring back is still there though. The system has not reset yet, thank God. I am flooded with event code 995, like over 200 times in 10 minutes...Any ideas out there???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back