Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring back across tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrysdavid

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
TT
We have a network of several CS1000's. When users try to dial a particular site they don't hear any ring back. However, the telephone on the other end rings like normal. I've tried reseting the T1 card on the CS1000, also replaced it but I'm still having the same problem. Any suggestions?

TRY HITTING THE # KEY AFTER YOU DIAL TO SEE IF YOU HERE RINGBACK, IF SO IT WILL BE A TIMER OR THE FLEN IN LD 86

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

No. That didn't help. The thing is it was working fine before. I didn't change anything in the database.

What type of signalling are you using?

I recently had a similar problem with a new CS1000E installation. I was using DPNSS to a CS1000T and SIP to the CS1000E.

The problem turned out to be the flexible tones and cadences were set up wrong. unfortunately I don't have the settings that made it work but hopefully htis will point you in the right direction.

Pete

once you connect - can both parties hear each other?

I'm having a similar problem. Did you get yours resolved?

you need to post both routes.. are we are shooting in the dark.. the # key is end of dial, cancels the inter digit timer and the end of dial timer.. the far end will (should) not hear ringback untill the switch sees the digits dialed as a complete string...

what switch what rls

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,
The problem was resolved. All our PBX's are connected to a device called the passport 6480. It's a carrier type of WAN switch. This is what integrates our voice and data across. The voice card on this device is the MVPE card. Apparently that card was faulty. It was one of those situations where the data guy said the problem is on the PBX side. When he changed the card, the problem was resolved.

i've been a switchman over 40 years and i've never seen a problem that wasn't in the switch... i've installed the 6480, not a bad box.. usually if the data guy changed the card, he would not have told you..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back