Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring at set, ring at receptionist, back to original voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adminkirk

Technical User
Sep 10, 2008
US
Hi all,

The main point of phone system contention now is that the bosses would like to have their direct dials ring their phone first, giving them the option to take the call or not, then after X amount of rings go to their receptionist, and if the receptionist is not available go back to their voicemail (not the receptionist's voicemail).

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Yes, program call forward no answer to the receptionnist phone, if she doesnt answer it will go back to the boss mailbox.

Thanks gberger - worked like a charm. Onto the next mystery.

Well the next mystery found me.

I have one user that I set his Fwd No Answer to his assistant (not the receptionist). When you dial his number and he doesn't answer, it rings his assistant accordingly, but if his assistant doesn't answer, it does not go back to his voicemail. It goes to a third person's, our receptionist's, voicemail (not his assistant).

Can you provide any guidance on how to get his calls to come back to his vm?

Make sure that his mailbox is initialized.If you forward his phone to voicemail using Feature 984 does it go to his mailbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back