Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring all answering groups - Recommendations for a better way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulabird

Technical User
Jan 13, 2010
US
Greetings:

I have a CM 6.3 and 7 users are setup in a ucd-mia hunt group. This worked somewhat well except there were issues when users accidentally logged themselves out of the group and did not realize it leaving incoming calls ringing busy. With a change of staff, the group supervisor asked for a simpler solution with incoming calls to ring all 7 phones. To accomplish this I've programmed the following:
Change DID station's coverage path to a coverage group (and remote cover) which will be forwarded off site after 8 rings.
Remove all hunt group station programming (login, logout, auto-in, aux-work) and setup 8 ringing bridged appearance buttons on the agents phones (mix of 9408 and 2420's).
Program speed dial on users phones so they can manually call forward the number.

Is there a 'simpler' method? I'm thinking I may have overdone this but they want the ability to manually call forward as well as have the automatic option as a fail-safe. I could do this with coverage answer groups, but they would still need one bridged appearance to manually call forward the number.

Thanks.

OPTION 2:
Setup DID station 422-0000 (sample phone number) as xport.
Coverage path = 500
Coverage path 500 point 1 = coverage answer group (with 7 agents phones)
Coverage path 500 point 2 (after 8 rings) = remove cover 500 (leading to remote cover phone number)
Program one bridged call appearance on 422-0000 on all 7 agent phones and set to no-ring.

This could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back