Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rightmove - Upload 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeybad

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2008
GB

Can anyone guide me in the right direction, on how to send my access data to righmove? As a batch upload file, please.

I know this question is vague but I have been left in the lurch and will lose my business if I don't complete a solution by 4pm GMT.

Please help XXX

Janey Bad

First of all thank you very much for the quick response.

Yes the site is rightmove.co.uk and i have a small .mdb that I need to be sent to a website and rightmove.

Any help will be greatfully recieved, I will be here till tomorrow at 3pm.

Any files etc you need to see, please let me know.

Janey Badxxx

I would think the best step is to contact the Rightmove people directly and ask them for assistance. It would seem they are best people do help you in the first instance at least.

There are several London telephone numbers listed in their Contacts page (bottom of the page in the footer is a link) as well as another number (for Milton Keynes?). Of course, they have the usual email contacts... but I imagine you'd get the best result from the phone.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Visit my blog [!]@[/!] Visit Code Couch [!]@[/!] [/tt]

Make sure your web page and css validates properly against the doctype you have chosen - before you attempt to debug a problem!

FAQ216-6094

i have a small .mdb that I need to be sent to ... rightmove.

You're still not explaining yourself. Why can't you simply email it to them? Is this some sort of CMS/upload thingy? Help us to help you buy at least giving us some details of how/what/where/why an access file is related to their website.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

Hope this helps.

Regarding the fields I want to send to them,

Some details required for testing and issues that you should be aware of:-

Please use the BRANCH_ID ‘1’ or ‘9054’

AGENT_REF – this is: <BRANCH_ID>_<AGENTPROPREFERENCE> (We supply the BRANCH ID – you supply us with the property reference from the internal database)

Properties which do not have their PRICE, POSTCODE1, POSTCODE2 or number of BEDROOM fields completed will be rejected by the datafeed

MEDIA_IMAGE - please ensure that these are correctly named in the following format AGENT_REF_IMG_n.JPG (where ‘n’ is a number)

One of the most common errors in testing surrounds the use of BRANCH_ID, AGENT_REF, and MEDIA fields – note that the first portion of the AGENT_REF is the BRANCH_ID, and the first portion of the MEDIA fields is the AGENT_REF.

CREATE_DATE & UPDATE_DATE – these should be in the following format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

PROP_SUB_ID – if a property does not have a PROP_SUB_ID it will only appear in searches which are looking for properties that are not specified.

Once a file is ready for testing:-

The test file should be emailed in a .BLT format
Please include a couple of images per property which should be in .JPG format.

Janey Bad

XXX

I think that this forum is not the right place for this question. I couldn't say where is, because none of what you've typed makes any sense to me.

I think Jeff hit the nail on the head - you should contact them and ask them for help, because whatever it is you need to do is clearly specific to their system.

Dan

As an afterthought, you might see if there is an Access-related forum if your query is about getting data into or out of an Access database.

Dan

I did a Google search on "The test file should be emailed in a .BLT format" and a forum entry relating to a real estate management application called Open Realty appeared which seems to have a long discussion relating to this post. It seems rightmove provide a method of uploading a strictly formatted file via FTP.

I would suggest:
a) contacting rightmove directly (as Jeff recommended) to find out if they still offer this facility. If they do then ask for an up-to-date specification of their interface/file format.
b) perhaps posting in the Rightmove.co.uk Integration for OR post Open Realty forum.

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back