Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rightfax Upgrade gone mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathersuzanne

Technical User
Jan 8, 2007
US
Hello Everyone,

We made an upgrade to a Brooktrout 1034 board and 8.7 Rightfax software. We had a different digital board in the rightfax server before and we were upgrading because the vendor said we had to. Was supposed to be a no-brainer since we already had a working fax server, connected to our PBX via lineside T1, B8zs/ESF Robbed Bit T1 signaling. But after the upgrade, the rightfax server wont talk to the PBX anymore. the PBX DS1 fails test 144 and 142. I've tried to byusy and releas it but it doesnt come back. any ideas?

Thanks All!!! I'm desperate.

Have you modified your ds1 settings at all to see if anything else will bring up the service?

Might try ami-basic with d4 framing.

Test 144 are slips... I'd say the brooktrout board values got changed during the update. Either change the line coding and framing mode on the brooktrout or on the ds1 on the PBX.. Basically sounds likes like they are mis-matched on their setup.

Thanks,

Wildcard

I have had a few bad Brooktrouts in the past. Once was arbitrarly entering 0 in my digit stream adn another DOA. Both went through customs for Canada but wouldn't surprise me eevn though sounds like configuration.

Thanks everyone!!

I didnt change my DS1 settings since the brooktrout vendor says they are right. I wanted to leave that side alone since I know that worked before they changed their side. One thing we noticed yesterday was that when they put the old board back with the new software still loaded, it started working again. But now they put the new board back in and it stopped. :( It sounds like an issue with this board with this configuration but its so hard to tell....
:(

Hi Everyone,

Months later we found out what happened, so I wanted to post in case it helps anyone else...

In the end, the rightfax profile had to be changed from whatever the vendor had it at to loopstart.us. Thats all it was - 1 setting they had wrong all this time!!!

I can't tell you how many times they said it was the PBX!

Thanks. :)

Just a reminder. I used to get aftermarket tickets all the time for stuff like this. Other vendors would say its the "PBX" think about what has changed. if you swapped out or upgraded something and never made a change in the PBX stick to your guns and get tough with the vendor and tell them hey its your fault. Just remember you are the customer and the customer is always right... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back