Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RightFax HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortec1

Vendor
Feb 12, 2007
US
RightFax issue.
I have a number that has been working and just stopped 1(702) xxx-xxxx.
I can dial the access code for the route and go right out and hit the fax at that number and I can also dial that number from my phone and analog faxes.
Trunks are set to 3VCE and the Ncos is 5 on both loops and I turned on D channel messaging for outbound and had them fax to that number but I never saw calling # and called # with the numbers dialed. I did see when I asked the end user to send a fax DCH 57 OMSG callproc, DCH 57 OMSG Progress but then it said Progress: Call is not End to End ISDN and then DCH 57 OMSG Release and I believe this was probably the call. The group from Rightfax acknowledged that when they simulate the call with wireshark the call they can hear (call cannot be completed as dialed) which we do not give that message from the Nortel so am I in the correct line of thinking that they may be sending from the Fax server a CLID maybe that telco doesn’t like and it’s stopping the call. If not please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!!

so let me see if I have this call scenario correct-you have a point to point T or Pri to the right fax programmed as a tie line and when the right fax attempts a call out to the 702 xxx-xxx number it does not complete--but you can dial it from the PBX??

Yes Kstaff22 that is correct, I can dial it from a desk phone or an analog fax.
Thanks

turn your d-ch messaging on for both the pt to pt and the outgoing and post it here.
not sue what your software release is but if you are above 6 (i think) you can use the dct command (ld 96 dct xxxx)---xxxx being the last 4 digits of the number dialed.

This is the one I believe to be the Fax attempting to make the call. I can also see successful call going out at the same time.I did try DCT and the ext and DCT was turned on but it did not do anything.As a temporary work around,I also tried to give a local number to Rightfax and have them delete the number that we are having the issue with when dialed and insert the new number and then I built a phantom 500 dcfw to the number of the problem fax and it works when I dial it from a phone but not there fax.

DCH 56 OMSG CALLPROC REF 0000E1B8 CH 56 4 TOD 13:14:16

DCH 56 OMSG PROGRESS REF 0000E1B8 CH 56 4 TOD 13:14:18
CAUSE :USER INFO DISCARDED
PROGRESS: CALL IS NOT END TO END ISDN

TIM017 13:15 19/1/2018 CPU 0
DCH 56 OMSG RELEASE REF 0000E1B8 CH 56 4 TOD 13:15:00

Thanks

so dh 56 is to the rightfax?---not much to go on there.Turn the MSGI on too so we can see what the rightfax is sending the PBX
the rightfax can call an ext on the pbx---correct?

if you turned on DCT with the last 4 digits of the number dialed and you're not getting anything---I question what they are sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back