Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Right UPS Solution for MICS & NAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerrco

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
I use APC UPS solutions & I know some prefer other UPS manufacturers.

APC has a unit they sell now that is a 1100 VA, 670 Watt
solution. My question is how many Watts would following Norstar equipment require? : 10- Port NAM, MICS with 2 Station Modules & 1 Analog Module & DTI Card?

I used to use 2 APC 650(650 VA, 410 Watts)units for above equipment & was considering putting all Nortel equipment on the 1 1100 unit, depending on power load of Nortel equipment. I appreciate your thoughts & comments.

goto APC website, they have a good configuration tool ...
choose telecom/ nortel/ norstar / voicemail number of modules etc ...and time of backup ...andthey propose 3 solutions

I have done hundreds. APC 1100 is more than enough for MICS and NAM.

I use a APC Smart UPS 2200 VA. I have a 4 port NAM, MICS, ASM, SM, RAD, 12 port MCK PBX Gateway, Atran TSU 120 and a Cisco 1600 on it. I get about 2 hours of up time with no power.

For the best protection I recommend a true online UPS. See Powerware or Liebert.

I like the SUA750XL for larger MICS installs.
Gives about 1 hour. If that's not enough add the SUA24XLBP to it. That will get you 3+ hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back