Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Right or wrong way of getting the same result with code?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyUK

Technical User
Sep 13, 2001
GB
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone has opinions on the following or if there is an established "Right or wrong" way of doing things.

I am setting various field propertys on a form depending on which button of an option group the user selects. I have discovered that I can do this in one of two ways, A) using the buttons "On mouse down or up" events or B) Using a modual that uses If and else (and so on) depending on the option groups frame value.

Both work excellent for me but I just wondered if there is a right or wrong way of doing this.

Regards,

Kenny

I have generally used the option group 'buttons' - but NOT the mouse events. The 'OnChange" event og the option group itself is (for me) easier. However I use the event to just call the nodule with the code to set/select whatever (property values of controls). Here, I use the "Select Case" construct more than the "If-Then-Else-End If" sequences.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your reply and comments. It's nice to see how the experts do things - I certainly have food for thought now.

Regards,

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back