Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Right click to open new browser but never load

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngaisteve1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2003
SG
I got this problem. When I right click to open a browser, it doesn't not load. When I roll my mouse over that browser, the cursor is in 'busy' sign, for long long period of time. I tried many ways but all attempt failed. I tried but also doesn't work. And the end, I re-install the Win 98 and also the can't fix it. Is it my NIC problem? I hope someone can help. Thanks.

I have posted a similiar problem not long ago (thread616-730720 But, that's another pc and it was fixed. But not this pc.

TT4U:
In Internet Properties of IE6>Advanced tab..."browsing" area...there's a "reuse windows for launching shortcuts".
UNcheck it

I tried but doesn't work still. Yeah, I guess I need to format and re-install OS.{sniff}

I think this will probably be the best thing to do. I know it can be a pain, but bite the bullet & go for it. It won't hurt that much.
You could always try using a different browser of course. IE is a very badly written piece of software anyway.

Hello ngaistevel1,

One thing you can do before doing anything drastic is to download "BHO Capture". There are plenty download sites out there, just to search for one. It is a standalone.

Once extracted from zip to a desire location, just run it. You will probably see acrobat's BHO or less likely some other applications' BHO turn up detected. Disable it and reboot see the abberration is corrected.

regards - tsuji

Just some ideas on this issue. Many things can cause this problem including, but not limited to, (Always wanted to say that) the following:

1. IE HLKM Registry entries - compare to another PC of same OS/IE Version. I'm not sure of your skill level but you could experiment with importing ie settings from a good working system of same OS/IE Versions/updates. Check: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\BROWSE\REUSEWINDOWS

2. Check IE Objects that are installed, as a reinstall over the current OS may only inherit the existing problems. Check Properties of IE Files listed under the temp files settings - Objects and remove unknown installed apps from there. You can right click/properties and check company info to see what they are... any you don't know.. remove!!

3. If this fails, then I would just reinstall clean as I would have to remote connect to figure it out.

-=MaYHeM=-
-=IS MGR=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back