Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ribbon screentip issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermanlaksko

Programmer
Aug 26, 2001
DK
When showing the screentip of the selected button I see a ref to the current open form and a small text "Press F1 for added help" can one get rid of this disturbing mesage that has nothing to do with the program/base as such.

Herman
Say no to macros

I don't see anything on my screen tips other than what I had set. I suppose you can't provide a screen shot. I tried but the tip goes away every time I press any key.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

You can always use your mobile phone (cell phone) to capture what you see on the screen [wiggle]

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Yes Andy, my thourghts exatly :)
IMG_7916_yhwqld.jpg

As you can see there is a ref. to the "hidden" form MrHide and a short text "Press F1...."
How does one get rid of the ref. and the hlp text?

Herman
Say no to macros

>I tried but the tip goes away

Have you tried Windows' snipping tool (rather than PrtScrn)?

Windows snipping tool is the same behavior with the tool tip disappearing

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Works fine here ...

Screenshot_2022-12-09_083841_gyz3ky.png

But to do it you need to use the tool in timed mode (whether using the slightly older snipping tool, or the newer snip & sketch)

Hi Strongm
Long time :)

The problem is not taking a screen dump, that bit is easy, the problem is that (as shown on my pic, above) the ref. to the form MrHide and the text "Press F1 to..." is there, for the end user, this information is useless so the question is, how to get rid of those two.

The problem seem only to be there in my own ribbons and not in the build-in ribbons.
Any idear?

Herman
Say no to macros

It seems that you have custom ribbon and maybe an add-in installed.

combo

Hi Combo
No there is not add-in the ribbon is created from scrach in VBA/XML directly in a module.

Herman
Say no to macros

Is it for a specific database or all?
What happens when you press F1?
Is it something about help in the code?
If you don't run the code, the ribbon is not displayed?

combo

Hi Combo
What happens when F1 is pressed?, well the help screen appairs, but the point is to get rid of the option and text.
If you have any idears on how to remove this please let me know - thank you in advance.

Herman
Say no to macros

According to Microsoft: "I'm afraid that, by design, this cannot be disabled, nor can the F1 message be changed"

But have a look at File -> Options -> General -> Screentip Style

if it bothers you.

That being said, this should only happen for an addin (I believe), and you say this button isn't being put on the ribbon by an addin. Presumably it is being created by a variant of the code I originally provided to you. In that case, have you set the ScreenTip and SuperTip properties for the button?

Thanks Strongm

Yes it does, I would have liked to have the screestips but without the extra information.
So only a ½ solution also I can not get rid of this on enduser pc's.
But atleast I now know why and where :)
Thanks!

Herman
Say no to macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back