Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RF ID tag has changed...on Netfinity 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcruz2012

MIS
Feb 19, 2003
US
Hello all,
I need help with the following, please! I have a server (Netfinity 8476-61U) that crashed on me; When I brough it back up it gave me the following message:
&quot;The RR-ID tag has changed system-security-keyboard is locked. Adaptec AHA- 2940U2B SCSI BIOS v2.20.0 (c) 1999 Adaptec, Inc. All rights reserved. press <ctrl><A> for SCSI select (TM)utility! SCSI ID:3HP C1537A ULTRA 2- SE
SCSI BIOS Not installed
System-security-keyboard is unlocked 176 the system has been tampared with. Turn power to your system off and then on your system is now locked.&quot;

After this point it won't let me do anthing at all. Rebooting the server, press &quot;Ctrl a&quot; does not do anything. Does anyone have an idea how to access my server again? I really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks.
Daniel.

CTRL - Won't do anything because that only lets you configure the SCSI. SCSI is least of your problems at the moment. After visiting IBM Site they ahve a recommended course of action for this process.

Instead of trying Ctrl-A see if you can get into the BIOS by press F10 to get into IBM BIOS Setup utility. If you can get in there, select Save Current Setting and exit out. This should allow reset of the Case Sensor switch which has been triggered.

Otherwise, might have to call IBM support.

Best of Luck
Guy

CZAstro,
Thanks for the input, however, I have tried what you suggested and it still did not work. I've tried getting help from IBM (which the chances of a snow ball serviving in hell has a better chance!) but they did not tell me anything to aliviate the problem. I'll keep trying different things. Thanks~!.

Dan.

Have you tried callinf 1-800-IBM-SERV? You will be prompted to enter the 4 digit model type (8476) in the phone switch. Some one there will be happy to assist you, Based on my experiences.

Good luck.

Your problem has to do with &quot;bulging capacitors&quot; on the System Board. Inspect the canned shaped capacitors for bulging or leakage...you'll need to have the System Board replaced to resolve the 176 errors.

I have the same server. I also had the same problem. What I did is just pulled the CMOS battery, then plugged in the computer and powered it up. I let it go until it said something like bad CMOS battery. Then I powered it down and reinserted the battery. I powered it back up. Then I tried to enter into the CMOS. It still told me bad CMOS battery, but let me into the setup. I loaded the defaults, then exited. I turned it off, put the side back on, then powered it back up. It booted up, then gave me the Error System-security-keyboard is unlocked 176 the system has been tampared with. Turn power to your system off and then on your system is now locked. I turned off my Server, then powered it back up, and the error was now gone. I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back