Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rexx Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paolast

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
ES
I have a simple Rexx program. This program only has a sentence:

SAY 'HELLO WORLD'

I compiled it, and its return code was 0.
By the way, I have a JCL that executes Rexx program, and the return code was 0.
I can't see the words HELLO WORLD in the screen.

Can anybody help me? What's wrong?.

Thanks in advance,

Paolast

Humm, if you had JCL to run the rexx program, then it was a batch job, "HELLO WORLD" would not show up on your monitor screen. What operating system are we talking about? MVS? If so you would need SYSPRINT or SYSTSPRT DD statments in your JCL and that is where you should check for the "HELLO WORLD".

The operating system is MVS. I have TSO and REXX languages.
I have the sentences that you said in the JCL (SYSPRINT & SYSTSPRT), but I can´t see the words 'HELLO WORLD' in the monitor screen.

Those are the programs that I have:

My REXX program is:

/* REXX */
SAY 'ESTE ES EL PROGRAMA MEGAREXX.'

and my JCL is:

//IRXJCL1 EXEC PGM=IRXJCL,PARM='MILAGRO1'
//SYSEXEC DD DISP=SHR,DSN=DES.DEAAG1.COBOL
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*

Could you tell me what is the error?

Thanks in advance,
Paolast.

When you submit a batch job as above in your JCL, then you will need to check the output of the batch job to look for your Rexx program output in the JES spool. Do you have SDSF or something to check batch job output?

Now if you run your Rexx program in TSO, then you would see the output on your monitor. From TSO you should be able to enter EX "DES.DEAAG1.COBOL(MILAGRO1)".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back