Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rexx installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer24

Programmer
Sep 3, 2004
HR
Hi,

I have a problem installing IBM Object REXX for Windows NT
and Windows 95 (Interpreter Edition V1.0.3.0) on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Insallation procedure breaks when i choose typical setup, and it only finishes if i choose custom setup and "private" not "common" installation (which is default). However, for my purposes (generating programs from Visual Age Generator 4.0) i need "common" installation...

Does anyone know what to do to solve this problem...without getting a new version. Thanks in advance...

Unfortunately, I can't say how to fix your problem, but I can say that this problem does not appear to exist in later versions. I'm running IBM OBject Rexx Development 2.1.3 under XP and 2003 Server. You can download a trial of the newer software at:

...and click on the appropriate trial on the right side. I found the code to be fully functionally, but if you have long-running processes, they will pause with a "buy me" message once in awhile.

I hope this helps, -Mark
MarkHarsen@smsu.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back