Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Revision Control??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjdobs

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
CA
Is there a frontend IDE that can do revision control for Access projects ie keep previous versions of modules, queries, other? in order to keep prior changes right now I am having to save text snippits of modules and or the mdb files both are painfull and a real pain to keep track of

You can use Microsoft Visual SourceSafe. It will do version control for you.

VSS 2005 documentation specifies that it only works on the current version of Access (2005? | XP?) ... I am developing in version 2002 and at this point am not looking to upgrade ... as for VSS 6 I cannot find any documentation that specifies that it will work with Access 2002.

FMS has a number of products what is the name of the product that does RC? ... I was on the FMS site and downloaded one of their demo's ... also sent them an email asking the same question ... the demo doesn't appear to do revision control and I still have not received a reply from the FMS people.

VSS 6 is/was shipped with the Office XP Developer Edition, so it will work with A2002.

HTH
Lightning

FMS does not have a Revision Control Product ... email from FMS confirmed that.

I just purchased VSS6 and don't find a Office XP Dev Edition ??? What am I missing? I loaded the cd ... loaded all the features ... downloaded and installed service pack 6 ... I can open an MDB file as a binary which is very basic but I was expecting VSS to either install into the VBA Editor as an add-in and or know when it opens an MDB file that it has to treat the modules as checkin/out objects. Am I reading too much into how this should work?

Soooo thank you very much MS for documenting this so well!!! ... I tried the ACCESS 2003 add-in (Only FOR ACCESS 2003???) NOT! VSS 6.0 works fine inside Access XP/2002 ... once this add-in is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back