Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Review Job Parameters in grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTnCIS

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
Our office is in the process of moving to 10g and I am having trouble reviewing job details after I have setup an export to run through a job.

Does anyone know how you review the parameters - there is a tab for parameters when you view definition, but it only ever says there are no parameters.

Where do you see things like the export file name and settings in the grid?

XTnCIS,

Are you speaking of one or more Oracle Jobs whose details you would like to review? If so, the data dictionary view, DBA_JOBS, is probably what you want:
Code:
desc dba_jobs

Name                    Null?    Type
----------------------- -------- --------------
JOB                     NOT NULL NUMBER
LOG_USER                NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
PRIV_USER               NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
SCHEMA_USER             NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
LAST_DATE                        DATE
LAST_SEC                         VARCHAR2(8)
THIS_DATE                        DATE
THIS_SEC                         VARCHAR2(8)
NEXT_DATE               NOT NULL DATE
NEXT_SEC                         VARCHAR2(8)
TOTAL_TIME                       NUMBER
BROKEN                           VARCHAR2(1)
INTERVAL                NOT NULL VARCHAR2(200)
FAILURES                         NUMBER
WHAT                             VARCHAR2(4000)
NLS_ENV                          VARCHAR2(4000)
MISC_ENV                         RAW(32)
INSTANCE                         NUMBER
Let us know if this is what you wanted.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Thanks for your quick responce.

The problem I'm having with the grid is when I set up an export and save it to run as a job... I can't then go back to the job's and see stuff like the name of the export file and the parameters I used like 'don't fail on warnings'... that sort of stuff.

I'm beginning to think that the parameters tab in the grid (when viewing jobs) will only show me parameters I create if I created the job through the jobs tab in the grid.

In previous version of OEM I have tended to right-click on the db and choose EXPORT, setup the details, and either run immediately or save it as a job. Then under JOBS in the old OEM I was able to see/edit what I would call the details.

Is there a way to do that with 10g and the grid?

I'm just not versed enough yet to know all the tables but dba_jobs doesn't appear to hold that kind of information in my 10g database. I'll keep looking, maybe it's stored in that table in the database that is being exported...

Just FYI for anybody wanting to know this...

I was able to find some of the information I was looking for in the sysman.mgmt_job and sysman.mgmt_job_parameter tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back