Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reverting changed jpeg, gif standard icons. pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

suleayinla

Technical User
May 2, 2002
Can anyone help? Sometimes upon installation of some graphic related software, the standard icons for jpeg and gif files gets changed to the installed applications’ icons even if uninstalled. How can I have my standard jpeg, gif icons back? Any need to reinstall Windows ME? Many thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like a file association problem. Are the files opening with the correct program, or are they asking you to determine which program to use. This is when you click on the file. Not open it with your "view" program. Here is how to change file assocation

Right-click the file you want to open in a different program, and then click Properties.
On the General tab, click Change.
Click the name of the program in which you want the file to open.

Let us know what happens
1Zman

Thanks for the response. The file can associate with any of the installed graphic apps like paint, photoshop etc and loads correctly but does not retain the original gif, or jpeg icons. I dont know if I have made any sense?
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back