Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reversing sub form order 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurof

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2003
DE
I have a form and a subform, when I add record in the subform it always adds them to the bottom on the list. Is it possible to reverse the order, so that the new record is entered at the top of the subform.

If not adding new records on top of the subform, perhaps a popup type window instead for adding the new record?

How are ya Eurof . . . . .

Yhe answer is No. New record line at the bottom is standard for access and hard coded. Sorry!

cal.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

I agree with TheAceMan1:)

However, with forms, what you can do is create an unbound form and insert two subforms into this form. Both the subforms would be based on the same data source but the first subform should be set as data entry only. This subform would provide you the place to edit a new record.
The second subform could be your current form, displaying all the records. You can disable creating new records in the form to force the users to use only the top subform.

You will need to play with how to display the subforms so that the effect would be as if there was only one form, with the new record line at the top.
You would also need to respond to the afterupdate event in the data entry subform, to reload the records in the other subform, and to reset the entry subform to show a blank record again.

HTH

Very cool solution lndsy [sunshine]

As a supplement, in the header or title area of the contineous subform, I place two small command buttons adjacent to the important fields in the subform. I use the small up and down arrows icons. The user clicks on the appropriate arrow which sorts the subform. (Yes, I know, I can right-click on a field and sort the same way -- just trying to make it user friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back