Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reversed ECH Call Segments

Status
Not open for further replies.

caper1175

MIS
Sep 23, 2003
US
Hi all: I was just wondering if this is normal as it's the first time that i've seen this. While browsing External Call History data, I noticed a call which has 3 Segments. However it appears that the segments are in reverse order for some reason. Segment 1 has a later Segstart time than Segments 2 and 3. Is this normal, and if so under what circumstance? Thanks-Jason.

When dealing with Call History you have to remember that the records are "cut" when the segment ends. When a segment initiates, placeholders are made and as information becomes available it is entered into the segment. When a call has multiple logical segments a later initiated segment can end and be cut prior to the initial segment terminating.

What you are describing seems to occur most in my environment with transferred calls. ie.

call hits the switch, segment1 is initiated
agent answers, segment2 is initiated, call is transfered
transferto answers, segment3 is initiated, segment2 is ended
transferto ends call, segment3 is ended
segment1 is ended

call history records show seg2, seg3 and seg1. Seg1 only valid information is the transfer indication.

This obviously has implications for processing. In addition call history records can span intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back